- 1 box of cremini/white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- ~ 1/6 big red onion, cut in rings
- black pepper
No need to cook mushrooms or onions. Just mix it all in a bowl and refrigerate for 12+ hours before serving.
- It's all about the vinegar.
- Any onion tastes the same in this recipe, but red onions just look better.
- With this vinegar/oil proportion, it'll taste exactly the same no matter what mushrooms/vegetables/whatever you put there. To make the mushroom/whatever taste more distinct, substitute some of the vinegar with water.
- You can add minced garlic. You need a lot of it for it to make difference (7+ cloves).