A Place Called Winter - Patrick Gale
Gay romance set in the early days of farming in Canada. Not bad, but would not recommend.
- The first part, before he moved to Canada, seemed too long and uninteresting.
- The Bethel part was not interesting.
- Rather interesting to read overall, however.
- The settings (Canadian farms) were nice.
- The villain is a bit dumb.
- I hate rape-driven plots (Kite Runner is the worst offender IMO). It's the cheapest way to make someone sympathize the character.
- I'm not too interested in gay soul searching.
- Not too clear what it's all about really. What was the point of it.